If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The perfect flavor combination:chocolate and red wine! Fudgy,rich and decadent double chocolate gluten free brownies —RitaAnastasiou
For the chocolate red wine ganache:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 1/4 cup red wine
For the brownies:
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 11 ounces baking chocolate
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- For the ganache: In medium saucepan heat cream to just boiling. Remove from heat. Add chocolate chips. Let sit for five minutes. Whisk until smooth. Add wine. Whisk to combine.
- For the brownies: Preheat the oven at 350 F(180 C). Prepare a 9×9 inch (22×22 cm) baking pan by spraying with nonstick spray, and then lining with parchment paper leaving excess hanging over two sides of the pan.
- In a small bowl,whisk flour,salt and cocoa. Set aside. In a double boiler,melt chocolate chips with butter and instant coffee until smooth. When melted,remove from heat and add sugars. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Add 3 eggs to the chocolate mixture until well blended.Add the remaining eggs,vanilla and wine. Do not over mix.
- Add dry ingredients and walnuts to the chocolate mixture and fold with a rubber spatula. Do not over mix. When there are still a few small lumps of unmixed flour and cocoa powder visible, stop mixing.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 25-28 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted an inch away from the center comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool slightly before you drizzle the chocolate wine ganache. Let them cool completely and then lift them out of the pan using the parchment paper. Cut into bars.