If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe pairs with Santa Margherita's Chianti Classico Riserva and is a perfect dessert for your holiday gathering! —Cocktail Gal
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1.5 cups superfine sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 5 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped
- coarse sea salt, to garnish
- Make the crust: Place the butter and sugar in a food processor and process until pale in color, about 10 seconds.
- Add the cocoa powder, flour, egg and vanilla and pulse until a soft dough forms.
- Turn out into a round 9-inch tart pan and press into the bottom and up sides.
- Refrigerate until firm, at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Pierce the dough with a fork and bake for 15 minutes, or until the dough is baked through. Set aside.
- Make the Caramel Filling: Place the cream and butter in a small saucepan over low heat and warm until the butter has melted; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar and water over low heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.