If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These Gingerbread Cheesecake Bars are the ultimate Christmas dessert. You won’t believe how perfectly spiced and creamy they are! —Paige
- 13 ounces box of gingersnap cookies
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- pinch of kosher salt
- 24 ounces (3 bricks) cream cheese, softened to room temp
- 4 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick spray, and line with a sheet of parchment paper, allowing the excess paper to drape over the sides of the pan.
- Place the gingersnap cookies in the bowl of a food processor, and chop finely. Stir in the melted butter, and firmly press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Add the cream cheese to the bowl of a stand mixer, mixing on medium-low speed until creamy. Add the sugar and salt mix to combine. Add the eggs and yolks, one at a time, stopping to scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl with a silicone spatula after each addition. Stir in the melted chocolate, spices, lemon zest, molasses, and vanilla. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
- Place it in a larger baking dish, and pour very hot water into the larger dish until it comes up about 1 inch around the cheesecake pan.
- Carefully transfer to the oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F. Then, lower the oven temperature to 250 degrees F and bake for another 65 minutes, or until set around the edges but still slightly jiggly in the center. Turn off the oven, and prop the door ajar. Allow the cheesecake to cool slowly in the oven for at least an hour. Refrigerate 2 hours to overnight before removing from the pan and cutting into bars
- Garnish cheesecake bars with mini gingerbread cookies or sprinkles!