Classic blondies for any occasion! Chocolate chips and other customizable add-ins make this a fun and tasty treat. —Katelyn Kendrick
- Serves 8
1 1/2 cups
Brown Sugar (light brown sugar preferred)
2 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon
All Purpose Flour, sifted
Milk Chocolate Chips (Optional)
White Chocolate Chips (Optional)
Chopped almonds or macadamia nuts (optional)
In This Recipe
- Preparation: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, locate ingredients, bring wet ingredients to room temperature (eggs and butter), and butter/grease a 9*9 inch square pan.
- Melt the butter over the stove at low heat.
- Then, stir in half of the brown sugar until smooth.
- Add the remaining half of the brown sugar, stir, and remove from heat.
- Allow the brown sugar and butter mixture to cool for 20-30 minutes before adding in eggs and vanilla extract; stir well.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix baking powder and salt with all purpose flour.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet; stir well. Then, place the mixture in the refrigerator for about ten minutes, stir, and refrigerate for an additional ten minutes.
- Finally fold in optional ingredients. Ideas: Chocolate Chips Chocolate chips with chopped almonds/walnuts White Chocolate Chips White chocolate chips with chopped macadamia nuts White chocolate chips with crushed candy canes Butterscotch Chips
- Pour batter into greased pan.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes until golden brown and toothpick removes cleanly. Cool, cut, and serve.