If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mango has always been nostalgic for me. They were fifty cents each when I was a kid, growing up in Los Angeles. When they went on-sale for thirty cents, my mom or dad would buy an entire case or two. We were a family of seven, so even if we held back and ate two or three each per day, a case of mangoes didn’t last long.
Now, some decades later, my unrestrained, sticky-faced mango habit has grown into a broader enjoyment of my favorite luscious fruit. Yes, I still get messy with the mango, but I’ve also experimented, converting those plain mouthfuls into dishes: mango-spinach salad, mango salsa, and this elegant mango mousse, which was handed down to me by my eldest sister. —Monica Sharman
- 4 pounds mango, peeled, cored, and pureed
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Combine pureed mangoes, sweetened condensed milk, and lime juice. In a separate bowl, whip cream until stiff. Fold into mango mixture. Chill a few hours before serving.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!