If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For a spicier dish: instead of leaving the pepper whole (then removing before serving), chop the pepper and add into the lentils. Note this recipe is scaled for a SMALL slow cooker. Adjust quantities, cook time as needed for larger slow cookers. —Alice
- 1 cup Lentils, rinsed well
- 1 cup Cashew milk
- 1.5 cups Chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 dried chipotle pepper (whole)
- Hot sauce, salt & pepper to taste
- Dump all ingredients in a 1.5 quart slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours until lentils are cooked through.
- Remove chipotle pepper.
- Season with salt, pepper and additional hot sauce to taste.