If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This vegan and gluten free Mexican Chocolate Ice Cream is made with coconut milk; the added spices warm up this dessert for chilly Fall nights approaching. —elanaspantry
- 2 (14 oz.) cans of coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips 73% cacao
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 pinch celtic sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (if you don't want a super spicy ice cream, then just use a pinch)
- 1 teaspoon decaf espresso, ground
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, heat coconut milk and agave to a boil
- Reduce immediately to a simmer, then remove from heat
- Mix in the chocolate, stirring constantly until chips are completely melted
- Cool mixture in pan on counter for 1 hour
- Stir in the cinnamon, salt, cayenne, espresso and vanilla until thoroughly combined
- Add mixture to your ice cream maker, following directions per your machine