If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes about 90 candies
- 3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar (plus 1/2 cup more, as needed)
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Beat in the mint extract, then add 3 cups confectioners' sugar and mix until you have a fairly stiff mixture that holds together when you pinch it (you may need to add up to 1/2 cup more sugar, though 3 cups has always been enough for me).
- Roll the mixture into small balls (the smaller, the cuter, but you might get bored and impatient, as I normally do!), then flatten each one slightly with the tip of your finger.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave or a double boiler and mix until smooth.
- Use a fork or spoon to dip each Junior Mint into the chocolate mixture, then place each one on a parchment- or wax paper-lined baking sheet. Place in the refrigerator or freezer until the chocolate hardens, then serve.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator.