If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It's simple but perfect: sweet juicy pear, and creamy-crumbly, tart goat cheese and nutty, crunchy whole wheat bread. —Community Grains
- 4 1-inch thick slices of whole wheat batard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 pears, cored and sliced thin
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons thyme, stemmed
- maple syrup or honey for drizzling
- salt and pepper
- Lightly toast 4 slices of bread. Smear butter on each slice (1 Tablespoon shared across the 4 slices). Begin alternating between a smear of goat cheese (about a half teaspoon), a slice of pear, and a sprinkle of thyme from one end of the toast to the other. Repeat for each toast slice. Pour a very light drizzle of maple syrup or honey across each slice.
- Place under a broiler for about 1-2 minutes (depending on how close your toast is to the heating element). You want the goat cheese to melt a touch and turn a light golden color, being careful not to burn the bread. Top with remaining thyme and freshly cracked pepper – and serve.