If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In April of 2016, I was lucky to travel to Las Vegas, were we ate at a wonderful Mexican Restaurant, that introduced me to Carne Asada, and the wish to create this Carne Asada recipe.
I have tried every recipe under the sun since, and have decided on this version that has worked well in countless dinners made for friends and family.
Traditionally served with flank steak, I have changed it slightly to fit in with my monthly butcher shop as I call it, by using steak pieces, but of course you can go ahead and prepare it in the same way.
I am not one really for a lot of citrus as it goes for my palette, but this is absolutely delicious, giving a hint of freshness to every bite. —FatLadFood
- 1 pound Steak Pieces
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Chili Flakes
- 1 Lime, Juiced
- 20 Button Mushrooms
- 1 Red Pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 7. Chop all of your steak pieces into smaller chunks, and place in a bowl for later use.
- Add the garlic into a pestle & mortar, and bash down to a paste.
- Add in all of the juice, and ensure it is completely combined.
- Put a pan onto a high heat and get Hot, Hot, Hot!
- Add in the Carne Asada. Fry for 10mins.
- When cooked, serve on a flour tortilla, with your choice of Hummus!