If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Low carb alternative, freely adapted from experience and inspired by http://www.preheatto350.com/cinnamon-coffee-cake-low-carb-gluten-free-sugar-free-dairy-free-option —Brian Coppola
- 5 eggs
- 5 tablespoons melted no-salt butter
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (or sour cream)
- 1.25 cups almond flour
- 0.50 cups coconut flour
- 2.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 0.50 cups sweetener (granular Swerve)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 6 tablespoons sweetener (granular Swerve)
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 2-3 tablespoons buttermilk (or sour cream)
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare muffin tins with paper liners (makes 12).
- Swirl topping: combine 4T butter with 2T cinnamon, 1 T allspice, and 3T sweetener; add an additional 2-3T buttermilk to make a loose paste
- Coated nuts: combine nuts with 4T butter, 1 T cinnamon, and 3T sweetener
- Batter: Put eggs, buttermilk and vanilla in a blender. Pulse well to mix. Add the dry ingredients and mix well. Add the butter and give the final mix.
- Scoop 0.25 c batter into muffin liner. Top with about 1t of the topping and swirl it into the batter with a knife. Press about 1T of the nut mixture onto the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove muffins to a rack immediately to avoid condensation.
More Great Recipes:
Bread, Rolls & Muffins