If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: From the recipe book of Lisa Jaffee, mom to one of my best friends from college. —giolitti
- 4 apples
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Core and thinly slice apples
- Combine apples, sugar, and cinnamon, and set aside
- Cream together oil, sugar, and eggs, till well combined
- Add vanilla and orange juice until combined
- Add baking powder and flour
- In a greased tube pan, alternate layers of batter and apple mixture, beginning and ending with batter. Batter layers should be very thin
- Bake 1 hour