If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Golden Milk Cake is the ‘cake’ version of golden milk or turmeric spice milk. The bright yellow color is warming on cold, dark winter days. The cake itself is light and fluffy and full of aromatic spices. The cardamom glaze is sweet and sticky with a heady fragrance. —Jenny
For the Cake
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- pinches cinnamon
- dashes black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F. Adjust oven racks in the lower third of the oven. Grease a small angel food pan or a 5 inch cake pan
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt. Set aside.
- Cut butter into small pieces. In a small saucepan heat milk, the butter, all the spices and bring to a simmer. Ensure all the butter has melted and take off the heat. Do not boil.
- In the meantime, beat the egg and sugar together until pale, fluffy and tripled in volume.
- Add in the flour mixture alternating with hot milk mixture and whisk till fully incorporated.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 17 - 20 mins until toothpick comes out clean.
For the Cardamom Glaze
- 1/8 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Beat all the ingredients together. Drizzle over the cake. Sprinkle with some chopped and toasted pistachios and enjoy with some tea.
More Great Recipes: