If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Gluten Free Cranberry Biscotti with garbanzo bean flour and pecans. —Palouse Brand
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold
- 3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1.5 tablespoons vanilla
- 2.25 cups garbanzo bean flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- .25 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cardamon
- .75 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1.5 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces bittersweet baking chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt, cardamom, and nutmeg; stir until combined. Add in the cranberries and pecans and stir. Set aside.
- Place butter and sugars in a large bowl and blend until light. Add eggs and vanilla, blend until thoroughly combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and blend until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer the dough to a garbanzo bean floured, work surface and knead until the dough just comes together (do not over knead). Add a little more flour if needed to the work surface. Divide dough into 2 equal sized halves, place halves onto the parchment or wax paper on the baking sheet. Shape each loaf into a 12-inch square or a rectangle, ½” thick loaf.
- Bake the loaves until they begin to crack and they are a uniform light brown. Approximately 35 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300°.
- Once loaves are cooled, place on a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut each loaf on the diagonal into 20-24 pieces. We suggest making the cuts ½” wide. Remove the paper from your baking sheet. Place the cut pieces onto the baking sheet with one cut side facing up and the other cut side flat on the baking sheet. Bake for 11 minutes until lightly toasted. Rotate so the opposite cut side is facing up and bake for another 5 minutes until dry and crisp. Cool.
- Melt bittersweet chocolate in microwave until just melted, use a little butter if necessary. Using a spoon, drizzle over the cooled biscotti.