If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Split pea recipe for broccoli salad, the is a classic recipe remixed. —Palouse Brand
Broccoli Salad Recipe
- .5 cups died green split peas
- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into bite-size florets
- 2.5 cups broccoli, trimmed and cut into bite-size florets
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1.5 cups cheddar cheese, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3 slices cooked bacon, diced
- 1.5 cups grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- .75 cups mayonnaise
- 1.5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add peas, reduce heat to a slow boil for approximately 25 minutes, until barely tender, drain and cool (1/2 cup split peas will basically double in size after cooking).
- In a large bowl, mix together cauliflower, broccoli, onion, cheese, crumbled bacon and tomatoes. Add cooled peas.
- Mix dressing together in a medium size bowl and check for taste before putting it on the salad. Add more lemon juice if you want the dressing to challenge your taste buds a little.
- Cover and refrigerate prior to serving, anywhere from 3 – 24 hours for the best flavor.