If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A traditional Gingerbread Cake that is quick and easy to make.
The combination of golden syrup, cinnamon and our Organic Blackstrap Molasses results in a slightly sweet and lightly spiced flavour. We have made ours in a Bundt cake mould but it can also be made in a simple loaf tin. Either way you will end up with the lovely dense, but light texture, which is what makes this cake so delightful.
You can enjoy it with a dollop of yogurt or cream, and it is perfectly paired with a scraping of our 100% Grass Fed Organic Salted Butter. —Organic Times
Serves 35 small serves
- 150 grams Organic Times Organic Salted Butter
- 3/4 cup Organic Times Rapadura Sugar
- 300 grams Organic Times Organic Blackstrap Molasses
- 2 teaspoons Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cloves
- 3 teaspoons Ground ginger*
- 1 teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda dissolved in 2 tbsp. water
- 250 milliliters Plain yoghurt
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 300 grams Plain flour
- Preheat oven to 160°C (fan-forced).
- Line a large rectangular baking dish with baking paper or grease with butter.
- Melt butter, sugar, syrup, molasses, and spices together in a pan over low heat.
- Remove from heat, add yoghurt, beaten eggs, and dissolved bicarbonate of soda.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and pour the combined liquid from the saucepan into the bowl, mixing well so all flour is combined.
- Pour into the baking tin and bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Once cooked, pull out of the oven, let the gingerbread cool and then cut into required squares.
- Lightly dust with icing sugar when serving.