If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A traditional Gingerbread Cake that is quick and easy to make.
The combination of golden syrup, cinnamon and our Organic Blackstrap Molasses results in a slightly sweet and lightly spiced flavour. We have made ours in a Bundt cake mould but it can also be made in a simple loaf tin. Either way you will end up with the lovely dense, but light texture, which is what makes this cake so delightful.
You can enjoy it with a dollop of yogurt or cream, and it is perfectly paired with a scraping of our 100% Grass Fed Organic Salted Butter. —Organic Times
Serves: 35 small serves
grams Organic Times Organic Salted Butter
cup Organic Times Rapadura Sugar
grams Organic Times Organic Blackstrap Molasses
teaspoons Ground cinnamon
teaspoon Ground cloves
teaspoons Ground ginger*
teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda dissolved in 2 tbsp. water
milliliters Plain yoghurt
grams Plain flour
- Preheat oven to 160°C (fan-forced).
- Line a large rectangular baking dish with baking paper or grease with butter.
- Melt butter, sugar, syrup, molasses, and spices together in a pan over low heat.
- Remove from heat, add yoghurt, beaten eggs, and dissolved bicarbonate of soda.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and pour the combined liquid from the saucepan into the bowl, mixing well so all flour is combined.
- Pour into the baking tin and bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Once cooked, pull out of the oven, let the gingerbread cool and then cut into required squares.
- Lightly dust with icing sugar when serving.