If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe combines a creamy pesto sauce that is made from tofu along with your pasta of choice. Traditional pesto sauce can be quite caloric and high in fat but this Tofu Pesto sauce is neither.Read more at -http://otr-reviews.com...
About the Author- Rachel Skinner Rachel Skinner has been a health and fitness writer since 2006. Rachel Skinner is a huge advocate of healthy living and when she's not writing for her health blog, you will probably find her at the gym! —Daisy
Serves: 2 persons
cup Basil leaves
cup Firm tofu
tablespoons Walnuts, chopped
teaspoons Lemon juice, fresh
tablespoons Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
ounces Gluten-free pasta or pasta of choice
- Place all sauce ingredients into a food processor. Process on high until smooth.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ½ to 1 cup of pasta water. .
- Drain pasta and place back into its pot. Add as much or as little pesto sauce as desired, adding a little pasta water at a time to help mix and distribute the sauce evenly.
- Serve sprinkle with fresh parsley and extra pepper if desired.
- Read more about this recipe on - http://otr-reviews.com/tofu-pesto-pasta/