If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For those who don't normally like white chocolate - seriously: try it as cocoa. It's the perfect way to enjoy the incredible creaminess that white chocolate has. Make sure to use a good quality one - and if you're feeling naughty add just a liiiiiiitle bit of cream. Finished with a hint of grated nutmeg is my favorite way to drink it. —Erin McDowell
Makes 1 cup of cocoa
- 3 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- fresh grated nutmeg, to taste (optional)
- Place the white chocolate in a heat safe bowl or liquid measuring cup.
- Bring the milk, cream, and nutmeg if using, to a gentle simmer over medium heat. Pour the hot milk over the white chocolate and let sit for 15 seconds.
- Whisk the mixture until the chocolate is fully melted and the cocoa is smooth (if you whisk vigorously, the mixture will get frothy and if you mix slowly, it will stay smoother). Pour into a mug and drink warm.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!