If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simplistic version of the classic! —nykavi
- 1 Onion
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 1 Fennel bulb
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Lemon slices
- 1/2 cup cooked Potato
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- A pinches Saffron
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Parsley
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 4 Tomatoes, blanched and pulped
- Parsley to garnish
- 1/2 pound Tilapia or Cod
- Cut onion and garlic into thin slivers. Trim and cut fennel into 1/4 inch slices.
- Heat olive oil in deep saucepan. Add onion, garlic and sauté for 3/4 minutes till onion starts to color,
- Add fennel and lemon slices to onion and saute for a minute. Add potatoes, paprika, saffron, salt, pepper, parsley, chicken stock and tomatoes. Let the soup come to slow boil, lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cut fish into bite size pieces and add to soup. Let fish cook and flake. It should take 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove the lemon slices, garnish with remaining parsley and serve soup with a hunk of bread!