If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A tender, delicious bread pudding that's been lightened up with fresh apples and cranberries, and topped off with crunchy granola. —Julie Andrews
- 4 large eggs
- 0.5 cups brown sugar, divided
- 4 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 loaf brioche or sourdough bread, cubed
- 2.5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 medium firm apples, diced
- 1 cup cranberries
- 0.5 orange, juiced
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 0.25 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 cup granola
- Maple syrup, for serving
- In a mixing bowl whisk together eggs and ¼ cup brown sugar. Whisk in milk and vanilla extract.
- Place cubed bread in a greased 9x13 glass or ceramic baking dish. Pour milk mixture over the bread and stir to combine. Allow to sit 15-20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add apples, cranberries, remaining ¼ cup brown sugar and orange juice; stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and allow to cook 4-5 minutes, until fruit just starts to soften. Stir in cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour apple/cranberry mixture over the bread mixture and stir to combine. Bake 40 minutes.
- In a small glass mixing bowl, melt remaining ½ tablespoon butter. Stir in granola to combine. Top bread mixture with granola mixture. Bake an additional 10-20 minutes, until top is puffed and light golden brown. Allow to slightly cool and serve with maple syrup.