If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: No special equipment, no mold, no fondant. If you have an 8x8 pan, you can make this meow-some cake! Vegan and GF. Click to second photo for
cake adapted from my baking addiction, frosting from very well —AnnieCate
Makes 1 cake
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup unsweetened unflavored almond milk
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 flax eggs
- 2 teaspoons Saigon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups well sifted cup-to-cup GF flour (like Bob's)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups mini chocolate chips
- Line an 8X8 pan with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350
- Combine the zucchini, almond milk, flax eggs, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla
- Combine wet and dry ingredients until just mixed. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Swirl in the chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 for 35-38 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting and assembling.
- 3/4 cup non-dairy non-soy butter spread, softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- beet juice, matcha, cocoa powder, cinnamon
- small scoop of chocolate chips
- Beat the non-dairy spread, the powdered sugar, and the vanilla together.
- Layer on a thin crumb coat and then top coat You'll still have plenty of frosting remaining.
- Divide up the remaining frosting. Dye some of it pink with beet juice for the ears. Dye a smaller potion green for the eyes. Cinnamon for the light brown fur and cocoa for the dark brown fur.
- frost on the ears
- For the eyes and mouth, you'll be drawing with chocolate. It's super easy, I promise. First, use a pencil to draw the eyes and mouth and whiskers on a piece of scrap paper. Place a piece of parchment paper on top of the scrap paper.
- Place some chocolate chips (about 1/4 cup) in a sealable plastic bag. Heat some water in the microwave and then immerse the bag in the hot water until the chips fully melt.
- Cut a very small tip off the bag and pipe the chocolate over the parchment paper, tracing the eye + mouth + whisker drawings you made earlier. Allow to harden.
- Gently peel off the chocolate and place it on the cake. Fill in the eyes with green frosting and then add the pupils (more chocolate)
- Frost on the light and dark brown fur as desired.
- Serve with love.