Author Notes: We made this last week for a small family gettoughter .Recipe from my American aunt's old handwritten cookbook —pauljoseph
11/2 cup scalded milk
1 cup soft bread crumbs
1/1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 cup cooked macaroni
3 eggs separated
½ diced pimiento
1 tbsp grated onion
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp melted butter
- Pour milk over soft bread crumbs . add cheese
- Cover and let stand 10 minute.
- Add macaroni combine and add beaten egg yolk ,pimento ,parsley ,onion, salt and melted butter
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry and fold into mixture.
- Pour into a greased casserole.
- Bake at 350c for about 35 minutes.
- Served with tomato sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Autumn Pie