If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chicken & Waffle Sliders with Creole Kicker SPRD - Perfect for the Super Bowl —Kenyon
- 2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (6 oz. each)
- 3 cups Waffle Mix (per package directions)
- 3 cups Corn Flakes, finely ground
- 2 tablespoons BLND - Bayou Catch Seasoning
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/4 cup Your favorite hot sauce
- 1 Jar Creole Kicker SPRD
- 12 Eggs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet pan with a wire rack.
- Filet the chicken breasts in half, then cut into 2 inch squares and pound out to ¼ inch thick pieces and place in the refrigerator.
- To bread the chicken, add the corn flakes along with 1 tablespoon of BLND- Bayou Catch Seasoning.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the buttermilk, egg, hot sauce and 1 tablespoon of BLND- Bayou Catch Seasoning.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator.
- Dredge the chicken pieces in the buttermilk mixture, shake off the excess, then place the pieces in the cornflake mixture and shake until well coated and place on a wire rack. Repeat the process until all the pieces are coated.
- Place the coated chicken pieces on a wire cooling rack with a tray underneath.
- Bake the chicken in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until done.
- While the chicken is cooking in the oven, make the waffles.
- To make the waffles, preheat a regular waffle maker. Mix the batter and place ⅛ cup in the center of the iron. Cook for 3 minutes or per your maker's instructions. You will want to make at least two mini waffles at a time. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp. Continue making the waffles until you have two mini waffles for each piece of chicken.
- Keep the waffles warm and remove the chicken from the oven.
- Spread Creole Kicker SPRD on 1 half of a waffle, stack the chicken between the waffles. Serve hot.
- Optional - serve a fried egg on top of the chicken, with extra Creole Kicker SPRD!