Author Notes: Chicken & Waffle Sliders with Creole Kicker SPRD - Perfect for the Super Bowl —Kenyon
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (6 oz. each)
cups Waffle Mix (per package directions)
cups Corn Flakes, finely ground
tablespoons BLND - Bayou Catch Seasoning
cup Your favorite hot sauce
Jar Creole Kicker SPRD
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet pan with a wire rack.
- Filet the chicken breasts in half, then cut into 2 inch squares and pound out to ¼ inch thick pieces and place in the refrigerator.
- To bread the chicken, add the corn flakes along with 1 tablespoon of BLND- Bayou Catch Seasoning.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the buttermilk, egg, hot sauce and 1 tablespoon of BLND- Bayou Catch Seasoning.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator.
- Dredge the chicken pieces in the buttermilk mixture, shake off the excess, then place the pieces in the cornflake mixture and shake until well coated and place on a wire rack. Repeat the process until all the pieces are coated.
- Place the coated chicken pieces on a wire cooling rack with a tray underneath.
- Bake the chicken in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until done.
- While the chicken is cooking in the oven, make the waffles.
- To make the waffles, preheat a regular waffle maker. Mix the batter and place ⅛ cup in the center of the iron. Cook for 3 minutes or per your maker's instructions. You will want to make at least two mini waffles at a time. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp. Continue making the waffles until you have two mini waffles for each piece of chicken.
- Keep the waffles warm and remove the chicken from the oven.
- Spread Creole Kicker SPRD on 1 half of a waffle, stack the chicken between the waffles. Serve hot.
- Optional - serve a fried egg on top of the chicken, with extra Creole Kicker SPRD!