If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Growing up in St. Louis, there was a vibrant Syrian and Lebanese community. This was one of my favorites from "Grandma Ruth". Kibbe can be served raw, baked or fried. My favorite is baked. —lorigoldsby
- 1 pound ground beef or lamb
- 1/2 small onion, fine chop
- 1/2 pound cracked bulgur wheat
- 1/2 cup pinenuts
- 1 teaspoon each of allspice, cumin and s/p to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- Olive oil
- Wash bulgur wheat, drain and let stand 30 min.
- Mix all ingredients in food processor to blend.
- Butter a small rectangular baking pan and press mixture into pan. Cut into a traditional diamond shape (like Baklava). Drizzle olive oil on top.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until golden brown.