If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These fluffy scrambled eggs take breakfast to a whole new level. Eat them with a good piece of toasted sourdough or wrap a little tortilla around them and call it a breakfast taco. They're my take on a Mexican inspired scrambled eggs. —Emanuelle Lee
For The Eggs
- 4-5 Free range, organic eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 handful basil
- 1 tablespoon shredded mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan
- 1 pinch sea salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl, and a pinch of salt and pepper and the milk and beat until you've formed a few little bubbles and the mixture is totally smooth.
- Turn a small-medium frying pan (preferably non-stick) on a medium heat. Melt the 1 tablespoons of butter with the butter in the pan. Once the butter has melted, add the eggs. Leave for 10 seconds and once the eggs at the bottom of the pan have slightly cooked and formed a sheet, turn the heat down to the lowest.
- Continuously stir the eggs with a spatula, scraping them from the bottom of the pan until they have reached your preferred texture. Remove from the heat and mix in the mozzarella and half of the parmesan. Roughly chop the basil and mix into the eggs, reserving a few sprinkles for garnishing.
For the chipotle butter
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chipotle chilli flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- Whilst the eggs cook, melt the butter in a small pot or pan until it foams. Keep on low heat and add the chipotle flakes and chili powder. (If you don't have chipotle, you can use regular chilli flakes). Mix and leave on low heat. When your eggs are ready, transfer them onto a serving plate, drizzle with the butter and then sprinkle with the remaining parmesan and basil.
- Enjoy straight away with a piece of good toasted bread.