If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If a bit of healthier baking is on your agenda this year, as it is on mine, try this one out - Nut butter, bananas, cocoa, coconut and some granola - all my favorite breakfast things in a dense, fudgy, gluten-free, refined sugar-free brownie. —Jenny
Makes 9 little squares
- 1/2 cup sugar-free peanut butter or nut butter
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup carob chips
- 1/4 cup homemade sugar-free granola (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 6 inch square pan with parchment and spray lightly with oil.
- In a medium sized bowl, stir the first 7 ingredients with a wooden spoon vigorously till mixed well.
- Fold in the coconut, carob chips and granola till just incorporated.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25 – 30 mins till toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool completely before cutting.
- Note - the granola tends to go soft by the second day, so add only if you plan to eat the brownies on the same day. Or you can toast the granola first in the oven and then add them to the brownie batter, but then that won’t be one bowl or super simple. Adapted from Running With Spoons - Flourless Double Chocolate Zucchini Brownies