If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: National Irish Coffee Day (January 25th)
By KRUPS Barista Sam Lewontin —tastytots17
- 6 ounces hot filter coffee
- 1 1/2 ounces Irish whiskey
- 1/2 ounce Demerara syrup
- 3 dashes Dale DeGroff Pimento bitters
- 2 ounces half and half
- Combine coffee, whiskey, Demerara syrup, and bitters in your favorite coffee mug. Stir to combine.
- Steam half and half, pour over the top of the coffee-whiskey mixture, and garnish with freshly-grated nutmeg.
- If you prefer, add whipped cream.
- If you can't locate bottled Demerara syrup in a store near you, you can make your own by dissolving two parts Demerara sugar in one part boiling water, and stirring until fully integrated.
More Great Recipes: