If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An Australia Day favorite from Donna Hay Magazine. —Donna Hay
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar
- 125 grams unsalted butter, softened and chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (25g) shredded coconut
- 250 grams sour cream, for the chocolate ganache icing
- 200 grams dark chocolate, melted, for the icing
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Place the flour, sugar, butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on medium speed for 6 minutes or until pale and smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into twelve 1/2-cup-capacity (125ml) cupcake tins lined with paper cases. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cupcakes are cooking, make the chocolate ganache icing. Place the sour cream and chocolate in a large bowl and mix until smooth. Set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes or until cool and thickened. Using a palette knife, spread the icing over the cupcakes and sprinkle with coconut before serving.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!