Author Notes: [email protected]'s "Dining with Dysphagia: A Cookbook" is a collection of recipes for people with dypshagia – a disorder that impacts chewing and swallowing.
View all recipes here: https://speech.steinhardt.nyu.edu/dysphagia-cookbook/
Source: https://speech.steinhardt.nyu.edu/ —Kylie Thompson
large potatoes (approximately 4 pounds)
teaspoons salt, divided
cup heavy whipping cream
teaspoon fresh rosemary
teaspoon ground nutmeg
teaspoon black pepper
- Prepare ingredients: Wash, peel, and quarter the potatoes. Mince the rosemary leaves. Cube the butter and set aside to bring it down to room temperature.
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Cover and simmer the potatoes for 15-20 minutes until fork-tender. Drain.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add cream, butter, rosemary, nutmeg, pepper, and remaining salt. Use an electric mixer to beat until smooth and creamy.
- Divide the potatoes between bowls and serve with additional butter and a few sprigs of rosemary if desired.