Author Notes: This rich delicious Baguette looks even prettier when braided. —Piper Nigrum (GamzE)
eggyolk + milk
In This Recipe
- Put yeast and sugar in warm water, and milk (max 38-40C)stir and let it rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Sieve flour & salt.
- Combine everything and mix on low speed for 6 minutes. Turn the speed up to 2nd gear for 6 more minutes until the dough becomes elastic.
- Cover and let it rest at room temperature until it doubles its size.(1 hour)
- Flour the surface of your worktop. And knock down your dough kneading for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the dough in 4 , it is better to scale it.(220-225gr) and make 4 strands about 40-45cm long. On a baking sheet start braiding your bread.
- Divide the 4 strands in two. Two on the left , two on the right Start with the right ones and - Put 4 over 3 now the ones on the left; - Put 2 over 1 And now the middle, - Put 1 over 4 Start again, the strands in front of you are the new 1,2,3,4's
- Put eggwash on top. Slide the paper on a baking tray and cook at 220 C for 20-25 minutes until golden.