If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This rich delicious Baguette looks even prettier when braided. —Piper Nigrum (GamzE)
- 500gr flour
- 200 ml water
- 75 ml milk
- 25 gr fresh yeast
- 60 gr butter
- 30 gr sugar
- 1 egg
- 10 gr salt
- eggwash eggyolk + milk
- Put yeast and sugar in warm water, and milk (max 38-40C)stir and let it rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Sieve flour & salt.
- Combine everything and mix on low speed for 6 minutes. Turn the speed up to 2nd gear for 6 more minutes until the dough becomes elastic.
- Cover and let it rest at room temperature until it doubles its size.(1 hour)
- Flour the surface of your worktop. And knock down your dough kneading for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the dough in 4 , it is better to scale it.(220-225gr) and make 4 strands about 40-45cm long. On a baking sheet start braiding your bread.
- Divide the 4 strands in two. Two on the left , two on the right Start with the right ones and - Put 4 over 3 now the ones on the left; - Put 2 over 1 And now the middle, - Put 1 over 4 Start again, the strands in front of you are the new 1,2,3,4's
- Put eggwash on top. Slide the paper on a baking tray and cook at 220 C for 20-25 minutes until golden.
More Great Recipes:
Bread, Rolls & Muffins