These Chocolate Hand Pies have a crispy, flaky pastry surrounding a smooth and creamy chocolate center, drizzled with even more chocolate!
These Chocolate Hand Pies have a crispy, flaky pastry surrounding a smooth and creamy chocolate center, drizzled with even more chocolate!—Sarah 'n Spice
sheets of puff pastry
cups bittersweet chocolate chips
Turbinado sugar, for sprinkling
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Unfold puff pastry and roll out evenly on a lightly floured surface. Cut into 6-4" rounds. Place rounds on parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat with second puff pastry sheet.
- Heat chocolate in the microwave, 30 seconds at a time until melted and smooth.
- Whisk egg white and water together and brush along the edges of each round.
- Spoon 1 Tablespoon of chocolate right in the center.
- Fold the rounds in half and press the edges together with your fingers. Crimp the edges with a fork.
- Pierce the top with a fork 3 times to let the steam escape and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes until nice and golden brown.
- Pour remaining chocolate in a zip-top bag and snip off a small bit of the corner (heat up chocolate for 30 seconds in the microwave if needed before pouring into the bag). Drizzle over the hand pies. Dig in and enjoy!