Author Notes: These Chocolate Hand Pies have a crispy, flaky pastry surrounding a smooth and creamy chocolate center, drizzled with even more chocolate! —Sarah 'n Spice
sheets of puff pastry
cups bittersweet chocolate chips
Turbinado sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Unfold puff pastry and roll out evenly on a lightly floured surface. Cut into 6-4" rounds. Place rounds on parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat with second puff pastry sheet.
- Heat chocolate in the microwave, 30 seconds at a time until melted and smooth.
- Whisk egg white and water together and brush along the edges of each round.
- Spoon 1 Tablespoon of chocolate right in the center.
- Fold the rounds in half and press the edges together with your fingers. Crimp the edges with a fork.
- Pierce the top with a fork 3 times to let the steam escape and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes until nice and golden brown.
- Pour remaining chocolate in a zip-top bag and snip off a small bit of the corner (heat up chocolate for 30 seconds in the microwave if needed before pouring into the bag). Drizzle over the hand pies. Dig in and enjoy!
More Great Recipes: