If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Stay warm this winter with a delicious Italian pasta dish created by Daniel Mancini, Co-founder of Mama Mancini’s! Try making this homemade Pasta Fa-zool recipe at home to enjoy by the fire! www.mamamancinis.com —tastytots17
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1/2 can tomato paste
- 8 garlic cloves smashed and finely chopped
- 2 cans prepared cannellini beans rinsed
- 1 dash salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup finely minced pancetta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound Ditalini pasta prepared according to the directions
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- 1/4 cup grate Romano cheese
- In a saucepan on low heat, add the olive oil, garlic, 1 tsp salt, pepper flakes and pancetta.
- Once this starts to sizzle, sauté it for 5 minutes or until garlic is a very light golden. As it is sautéing, smash the garlic up as much as possible with a wooden spoon.
- Add the tomato paste and sauté everything together on very low heat for 5 minutes, stirring the whole time, mashing it all together.
- Add the beans and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring and smashing some of the beans along the way.
- Add the chicken stock and stir everything together, then bring to a slow boil, uncovered.
- Allow this to simmer for 15 minutes stirring along the way, uncovered.
- Add the cooked Ditalini and stir, taste for salt and adjust.
- Add the pasta water and continue to stir.
- Allow this to simmer uncovered for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, let sit for 1 minute then stir in the ¼ cup of grated cheese.
- Serve with more grated cheese and a drizzle of olive oil
More Great Recipes: