If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Perfect biscuits- tender, flaky, buttery, fat and golden brown. —Oh Sweet Day!
Makes 12 biscuits
- 3 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into chunks
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add butter and use a pastry cutter to cut butter in the flour mixture until it resembles coarse sand.
- Mix eggs and buttermilk in a separate bowl until combined. Reserve two tablespoons and set aside.
- Stir egg mixture in the flour mixture. Mix until the dough comes together. Do not overmix.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until the dough becomes soft and smooth, but not sticky.
- Flatten the dough to 2 inches thick. Use a 3-inch cookie cutter to cut out the biscuits, and place them on a baking tray. Brush the biscuit tops with the reserved egg mixture.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until the tops are golden.
- Serve warm with whipped cream and strawberry jam.