Perfect biscuits- tender, flaky, buttery, fat and golden brown.
Perfect biscuits- tender, flaky, buttery, fat and golden brown.—Oh Sweet Day!
Makes: 12 biscuits
cups all purpose flour
tablespoons baking powder
cup granulated sugar
cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into chunks
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add butter and use a pastry cutter to cut butter in the flour mixture until it resembles coarse sand.
- Mix eggs and buttermilk in a separate bowl until combined. Reserve two tablespoons and set aside.
- Stir egg mixture in the flour mixture. Mix until the dough comes together. Do not overmix.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until the dough becomes soft and smooth, but not sticky.
- Flatten the dough to 2 inches thick. Use a 3-inch cookie cutter to cut out the biscuits, and place them on a baking tray. Brush the biscuit tops with the reserved egg mixture.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until the tops are golden.
- Serve warm with whipped cream and strawberry jam.