If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple breakfast casserole with extra flavor and protein! —Julie Andrews
- 6-8 slices lower fat bacon
- 8 large eggs
- 1.5 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded hash browns
- 2 cups finely chopped vegetables
- 2 cups shredded marble jack cheese, divided
- 0.75 teaspoons coarse salt
- 0.5 teaspoons ground black pepper
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a wire rack on a baking sheet and coat with cooking spray. Line bacon on the wire rack and bake 10-12 minutes, until crispy. Once slightly cooled, chop into bite-sized pieces and place in a large mixing bowl.
- To the mixing bowl, add eggs, cottage cheese, hash browns, vegetables, 1 cup shredded cheese, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes and whisk to combine.
- Transfer egg mixture to a greased 9x13 baking dish. Top with remaining cup of shredded cheese. Bake 35-40 minutes, until egg is set. Remove and allow to slightly cool before slicing. Top with parsley and serve.
More Great Recipes:
Breakfast & Brunch