Author Notes: Hints:
Don't overseason the eggs with salt as there is plenty of salt in the pastrami. Serve with a soft cheese spread. Garnish with mixed herbs, thyme, or paprika . You can add 2 tablespoons of milk into the eggs. —Omer Eltigani (Sudanese Kitchen)
Serves: 2 to 3
1 to 2
tomatoes, chopped into small pieces
2 to 3
pastrami slices, torn into medium-sized pieces
4 to 5
eggs, lightly beaten and seasoned with salt and pepper
4 to 6
pieces of flatbread
- In a large oiled frying pan on medium heat, add 1 to 2 tomatoes chopped into small pieces.
- Turn the tomato pieces in the oil for 2 to 3 minutes until they cook slightly and turn a deeper shade of red.
- Add 4 to 6 medium-sized pieces of sliced pastrami and turn in the cooked tomato for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the seasoned scrambled eggs and cook for 2 to 4 minutes, to the desired texture.
- Serve with warmed flatbread and eat by hand.