Author Notes: Sausage & Fennel Seed Pasta is a current favourite in the FatLadFood household, as it is a beautiful mix of good old fashioned sausages, with the aniseed flavour of the Fennel Seed.
I first had this recipe at Jamie Italian in Liverpool, and as reviewed, it was a bit watery, so I didn’t get the full jist of what it was meant to be.
So I have worked on it, changed it, messed with it and then perfected it, and here it is for you to try. —FatLadFood
teaspoon Fennel Seeds
Rashers of Bacon
Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
Tin of Chicken Stock
- Add the fennel seeds to a pestle and mortar, and bash down into fennel dust.
- Chop the onions and garlic, and have them ready for the cook.
- Pinch your sausages at each end, and slide out a third of the pork meat. Roll into meatballs.
- Put a saucepan half filled with water, and bring to a boil.
- Add in the pasta, and cook until just al-dente.
- Drain the pasta and leave to cool.
- Put the Bacon, Onions and Garlic into a frying pan, and sautee until just beginning to go brown.
- Add in the fennel seed dust and mix through.
- Add in the meatballs and fry for a further 10mins.
- Add in the tin of tomatoes, and then add the same size tin amount of chicken stock.
- Mix thoroughly, and leave on a high heat to reduce down, for around 15-20mins.
- Refresh the pasta by following the below video.
- Add to the reduced sauce and mix through.