If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mom used to show off with this recipe. Easy, elegant and delicious! —MAGGIE
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 cube tomato boullion with chicken flavor
- 2 cups cola soft drink (coca cola)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves halved
- 10 almonds whole
- 20 pine nuts
- Soak rice in water for an hour to remove the starch. Place soaked rice in a fine mesh strainer and rinse under cold running water until water runs clear. Remove excess water by shaking the strainer with the rice. This will make the cooked rice fluffy and dry.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed rice pot over medium heat. Drop a few rice grains if they sizzle the oil is ready.
- Add the rice and garlic cloves ( cut in half lengthwise) ) and fry stirring until rice is translucent and feels light (about 7 minutes)
- In a separate pot bring the cola soda to a boil with the tomato bouillon cube. Stir until the cube is completely dissolved.
- Add the hot broth to the rice.
- Cover again and keep warm until serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates
More Great Recipes: