If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am always on the lookout for wholesome and nutritious treats, this recipe is the perfect healthy snack and not too sweet. Fun recipe to make with children. —Janice Pawlik
- 1 cup Dates
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Almonds or Cashews
- 1/4 cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 cup Oats or Quinoa Flakes
- 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Flax Meal*
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut
- Soak dates in hot water for few minutes, drain, set aside and keep liquid.
- Pulse nuts until fine in food processor and add remaining ingredients and dates. Mixture should be moist and hold together, if too dry add date liquid a little at a time. Mixture should not be too wet, it will clump together in processor when ready.
- Shape into walnut sized balls and roll in shredded coconut, I use unsweetened but your preference for sweetness.
- Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet and place in freezer. Approximately an hour or longer. Transfer into an airtight tin or container and keep in refrigerator or freezer - stores up to two weeks, if they don't get eaten up!
- * 1 tablespoon of cocoa may be substituted for flax-meal if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates