If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This blend makes a dough that crisps nicely where it touches the pan, but stays soft and pillowy in the center. —Erin McDowell
Makes 2 pounds
- 4 cups (482 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (54 grams) semolina flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (6 grams) fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon (9 grams) instant active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup (81 grams) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups (363 grams) warm water
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment, mix the all purpose flour, semolina flour, salt, and yeast to combine.
- Add the olive oil and water and mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Raise speed to medium and mix for 3 minutes more.
- Transfer the dough to a large oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise until double in size, about 45 minutes-1 hour. At this point, the dough can be used or wrapped tightly and refrigerated for up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature before using.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!