If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tell us about your recipe. —Food52
Serves 4-5 people
- 2.5 pounds Cassava Root
- 1 pound Sardine
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 Dry Red chilli
- 2 sprigs Curry leaves
- 1 cup Coriander leaves, roughly shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- Salt as needed
- 1/2 cup Grated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup shallots
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- Peel the outer skin of the Cassava Root. Wash the roots in water to remove any dirt. Dice the root into 2cm side cubes. Pressure cook the diced root in water by adding little bit of salt until the roots are cooked and very soft. The stage of cassava root should that it is easy to mash them.
- Clean the sardines and keep aside
- Preparation of Masala: Blend red chilli powder, salt, coconut and cumin seeds in a blender until it is smooth
- Combine cooked cassava roots, Sardine and the blend Masala mixture in a mixing bowl
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan. Add mustard seeds and let it crackle. Turn to low heat
- Add Dry Red chilli and curry leaves
- Add cooked roots, sardine and the masala mixture
- Toss it well and let it cook for 8-10 minutes in medium heat and covered with a lid
- Stir occasionally to avoid ingredients getting burnt to the bottom of the pan
- Turn off the heat and transfer Cassava Root Sardine Avial to a small bowl. Cassava Root Sardine Avial will be in a semi liquid form
- Serve Cassava Root Sardine Avial in small bowls with Rice or Porridge
More Great Recipes: