If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: 3-ingredient energy bites with just dates, cornflakes and your favorite nuts!!! —Vanitha
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup almonds
- Dessicated coconut (optional)
- Crush the cornflakes with a spoon (or use clean hands; an easier method) and keep aside. Soften the dates in a microwave (if they are hard and a bit dry) for a few seconds and make a paste in a blender or food processor.
- Chop the nuts coarsely (you may make them into fine crumbs or leave them coarsely chopped like I did, as I like to bite into bits of nuts in the energy bites!!).
- Mix all 3 in a bowl with a spoon or easier yet, use your hand to mix and knead them into a well-incorporated mixture. Take small portions of the mixture in your hands and roll them into small balls.
- For a variation (it looks good too), you can roll them in desiccated coconut. Bite into one of them (well, you deserve this healthy treat!!), serve to your family and store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- You can add mini chocolate chips in them as an additional treat for kids. Along with or instead, you can use pistachios or even peanuts in the energy bites.
- For an additional coconut flavor, stir in a little desiccated coconut in the mixture before making them into balls or ladoos.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates
More Great Recipes: