If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I can never directly follow a minestrone recipe. My youngest son loves it. I used the veggies I had in the fridge. And he wanted chicken, not sausage. It came out super delicious —kimbaddd
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 32 ounces vegetable broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes, not drained
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 15 ounce can garbanzo beans, drained
- 3/4 cup elbow macaroni
- 3/4 cup snap peas, halved
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- parmesan cheese, shredded, for topping
- In a large pot, cook garlic in hot oil for about 1 minute. Stir in carrots, snap peas and zucchini. Cook about 3 to 4 minutes longer, until veggies are slightly browned and still crisp tender. Add about 2 teaspoons salt.
- Add broth and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat. Cover, simmer for 25 to 30 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Return to a gentle, not rolling, boil. Stir in garbanzo beans and pasta. Cook for 6-9 minutes or until pasta is tender. Serve with parmesan cheese, if you wish.
More Great Recipes: