I have been baking this cake for over 40 years to rave reviews from family and friends. I always have one in my freezer just in case guests drop by unexpectedly.
I have been baking this cake for over 40 years to rave reviews from family and friends. I always have one in my freezer just in case guests drop by unexpectedly.—Bubbie
medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
tablespoons granulated sugar
cups all purpose flour
cup granulated sugar
teaspoons baking powder
cup cannola or vegetable oil
cup orange juice
In This Recipe
- 1. combine first 3 ingredients well.
- Mix all remaining ingredients, until the batter is well incorporated.
- grease and flour a large bundt pan
- pour 1/3 of the batter into the pan. The batter is very thick, so use a butter knife or offset spatula to smooth and even it out,
- Place 1/2 of the apple mixture on top of the batter and spread evenly.
- Spread 1/3 of the batter on top of the apples and spread evenly trying to cover the apples (you probably won't cover al of them and that's all right.
- Evenly place the remaining apple mixture on top
- Evenly spread the remaining batter on top of the apples.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours in a 375 degree oven. (If the top begins to brown too much, cover it lightly with some aluminum foil.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan.