If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is inspired by a gift from my dad. When I was 8, our dad was a Produce Manager at a local market. It was the Christmas holiday and the suppliers would bring 'special' items as gifts to the employees. One gift was a wonderful date/nut cream cheese spread. I will never forget it. It wasn't sold in stores so that one package was eaten very slowly with much delight by me! It wasn't until recently, and 50+ years later, that I finally mastered duplicating this pleasure. It is so versatile and can be spread on anything your heart desires. Here, in the photo, I spread it on butter crackers (flash back to being 8!), celery and apples. Use your imagination and enjoy it! —BerryBaby
Makes: 1-1/2 cups
ounces Cream cheese
Medjool (pitted) dates
- Bring cream cheese to room temperature for easy mixing.
- Using a mini-food processor (or chop by hand) the pecans until finely chopped.
- Finely chop the dates and mix with the nuts. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Fold in dates and nuts.
- This can be used immediately or using a large piece of plastic wrap place cheese mixture in center of the plastic wrap. Spread into a log shape. Fold one side of plastic wrap over mixture and shape into a rounded log. Fold the other side over tightly, twist ends and refrigerate.
- When ready to use, slice off what you will be using and place the remainder in the fridge. Can be kept for up to 7-10 days.
- Spread on crackers, fruit, veggies (celery, pea pods, carrots), use it on a baked potato, endless possibilities.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates