If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This chili is based on Jimmy Fallon's Chili for Martha Stewart 2009, but with chicken. Have fun with your crockpots! I know this isn’t a new recipe ( hope to have one up soon!) but it is my most “hands-off” thing I could find. —purduetina
Makes about 18 cups
- oil for crock and skillet
- 3.5-4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts and/ or cutlets or some of both!
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (28 ounce) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounce) kidney beans
- 1 bottle Guinness extra stout
- 1 can (~15 ounce) creamed corn
- grated cheese (for serving)
- Cook onion and garlic until translucent, maybe a little brown, 5 minutes in skillet on medium heat.
- In a large, (or even just a 5 quart crockpot- all of this chili will fit-barely) add all ingredients- except the chicken- including liquid with tomatoes (add kidney beans later if you prefer that texture). Stir to combine, then add chicken breasts and cutlets. Be sure chicken is covered.
- Cook on high for about 6 hours. Remove chicken breasts and carefully shred with two forks. Cutlets can be broken into smaller pieces (not shredded) for some variety- some shredded chicken and some larger chicken chunks. Cook for about another hour or serve immediately. Don't worry about cooking with the lid off to thicken.
- Serve with grated cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hands-Off Recipe