If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Mulled Red Wine is a Christmas Classic that will warm your heart and soul. Try this 15-minute recipe for Christmas! —VibrantPlate
- 0.5 liters red wine (Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 0.5 liters water
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 10 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 organic orange
- Wash and dry the orange and cut into slices.
- Put a pot on stove and pour in the wine and water, add sugar, vanilla essence, cloves, cinnamon stick and orange slice and slowly bring to a boil.
- When the wine comes to a boil, bring the temperature down to a light simmer and let it cook for a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally to melt the sugar. The wine should never boil vigorously, but gently. The longer you boil the wine, the less alcohol it will contain.
- Serve hot in glasses or cups, decorated with orange slices.
More Great Recipes: