If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Orzo with Mint Pesto and Peas is a great weeknight side dish that the whole family will love! Serve warm or chilled with amazing results! —Paige
cup frozen peas
For the MInt Pesto
cups mint leaves
tablespoons pine nuts
zest of one lemon
tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and salt generously with sea salt. Drop pasta and cook according to the package directions. When the pasta is almost done, add peas to the boiling water and blanch for the last couple of minutes with the pasta. Drain everything and set aside.
- For the Mint Pesto
- Combine the first four ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to finely chop. stream in the olive oil while the machine is running. Just enough to form a thick paste. Taste and season with salt and pepper as you see fit.
- Toss the mint pesto with the pasta and peas until everything is well coated. Taste and add additional seasoning if necessary.
- You can either serve warm or chilled and as a main dish or a side.
- NOTES The mint pesto is great on just about everything, so don't limit it to this dish. You could serve this as a main dish or a side alongside chicken, fish or a lamb chop. You can serve warm or chilled.