If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: dates and nuts have a natural affinity. it makes sense to put them together to make a spread. —mehrunnisa
Makes a jarful
- 250 grams toasted almonds
- 100 grams soft, sticky dates
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- blitz the almonds in a food processor until they take on the consistency of a nut butter. you will need to stop and scrape the sides. how quickly they become butter depends on the power of your machine.
- stone the dates and tear into pieces. add these to the nut butter along with the olive oil. continue to blitz until you get a smooth consistency. then add the salt.
- put into a jar. spread liberally on toast or brioche. dollop onto yoghurt. or just it eat it straight from the jar.