If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Lentil based seven layer chip dip is quick, easy and delicious! —Palouse Brand
- 2 cups lentils
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup fresh chunky guacamole
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- 4 ounces sliced olives
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- In large saucepan bring water to a rolling boil and add lentils. Reduce heat to simmer for approximately 45 minutes or until lentils are softened. Drain water off lentils, return to stove, add olive oil and stir. Add taco seasoning and stir together until well mixed.
- Place lentil mixture in a food processor and process until smooth, approximately 15-20 seconds.
- Using a 3-4 quart casserole, or similar dish or deep platter, layer remaining ingredients in order. Top with olives, tomatoes and green onion.
- Time to serve up with tortilla or pita chips.