If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sweet dates, salty melted cheese, and toasted walnuts come together beautifully in this quick make-ahead appetizer!
Originally published at mountaincravings.com. —Kate Hubbard
Makes 1 dozen
- 1 dozen dates
- 3 ounces gorgonzola
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, halved or chopped
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Slice the dates halfway through lengthwise to create a slit. Remove pits and arrange on a foil-covered baking sheet.
- Mash the gorgonzola and milk into a smooth paste. Stuff gorgonzola evenly among dates and top with walnuts.
- Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes, until cheese is melting and walnuts are toasted.
- Drizzle lightly with honey and serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates