Author Notes: Sweet dates, salty melted cheese, and toasted walnuts come together beautifully in this quick make-ahead appetizer!
Originally published at mountaincravings.com. —Kate Hubbard
Makes: 1 dozen
tablespoons walnuts, halved or chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Slice the dates halfway through lengthwise to create a slit. Remove pits and arrange on a foil-covered baking sheet.
- Mash the gorgonzola and milk into a smooth paste. Stuff gorgonzola evenly among dates and top with walnuts.
- Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes, until cheese is melting and walnuts are toasted.
- Drizzle lightly with honey and serve warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dates